We love Irish music and as part of Irish Music Month on Galway Bay FM we want you to participate in our search for Galway Local Hero Talent. Irish Music Month promotes Irish artists of all genres and counties in Ireland – don’t miss your chance, participate now!
If you are in a band or a solo artist, your music could be broadcast live on Galway Bay FM during the month of October.
We are looking for five finalists from Galway each of whom will receive a fund of 700 â¬.
A global participant from Galway will participate in the search for national Irish music talent and could win the global prize of â¬ 5,000 as well as the chance to have your record and original music released on 25 independent radio stations across the country.
Get your entry now by email [emailÂ protected] with the following details:
- A little about you – Who are you (artist / band name and members)
- How long have you been making music
- 1 or 2 MP3 songs
- Links to social networks.
Last day of registration – 6 p.m. Monday October 4, 2021
- Artists can belong to any genre of music
- Artists can be well established or emerging in the music scene
- Artists / bands can come from anywhere in the county in the Galway Bay Fm franchise area.
- No limit on the number of group members / number of artists in the group
- Artists must perform at least one original song / track âliveâ as part of Galway Bay Fm’s on-air programming and, if successful, be available to perform at a national event.
- The judge’s decision is final, NO canvassing allowed
This is a major new initiative to promote Irish artists and groups, funded under the BAI Sound & Vision program and supported by the XL Retail Group, which will see a significant increase in radio broadcasting on 25 stations of independent radio stations – and â¬ 100,000 will go directly to Irish artists.
President Michael D. Higgins also expressed his support for Irish Music Month. (audio)
Proudly supported by IBI, Hot Press and the BAI Sound & Vision fund.