Habit is an independent Australian-based music marketing agency specializing in advertising, radio and digital marketing.
Habit has delivered highly effective campaigns for a variety of clients including The Strokes, Middle Kids, The Kooks, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Love Police, Maroochy Music & Vis Arts Festival, Caroline Records, Kobalt Label Services, AWAL, Dew Process, Bugs, Gang Of Youths, Teen Jesus And The Jean Teasers , Vaccines, Sports Team, and much more.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual to join our team as a PR Assistant. Depending on your experience and skills, this role will have the potential to quickly progress into a publicist role.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Assist with campaign setup, including but not limited to: creating campaign resource folders in Drive and Dropbox, uploading songs to our radio monitoring service and AMRAP, writing press releases and their design in Mailchimp
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions
- Communicate with clients and respond to media inquiries as necessary i.e. cover sick days/holidays
- Write and schedule social media posts as needed (Instagram and Facebook)
- Maintain media contact database
- Provide general administrative support when required by management
- Attend industry events and training as needed
- Adhere to Habit Music policies and procedures
Our ideal candidate:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team, but also independently and without supervision
- Very organized – you’ll love the spreadsheets, to-do lists and deadlines
- Excellent computer skills, preferably on Mac operating systems
- Goal oriented and highly motivated to succeed
- Reasonable knowledge of the music industry, especially music media
- A passion and love for music and working in the music industry
- Active participant in your local music scene
- Experience in a similar role
- Currently studying or has completed a relevant higher education course, e.g. in communications, public relations, marketing, entertainment, etc.
- Existing media relations
This role is part-time, working days and hours are flexible, allow 15-20 hours per week.
All staff are working remotely and a computer will be provided by the company.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please send an email with the subject “Application for the role of PR Assistant” along with a cover letter, CV and a list of your 3 favorite Australian releases for 2021 to: [email protected] co
Deadline for submitting applications – Monday 31 January