Shawn Mendes cancels world tour to prioritize his health

0

Shawn Mendes has halted the rest of his world tour, canceling dates in North America and Europe so he can focus on his mental health.

“I was not at all ready to see how difficult touring would be after this period of absence,” the singer-songwriter said on social media on Wednesday.

“After talking more with my team and working with an incredible group of healthcare professionals, it’s become clearer that I need to take the time that I never personally took, to ground myself and come back stronger.”

Mendes has had six top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, including “There’s Nothing Holding Me Back,” “If I Can’t Have You,” and “Senorita” with ex-girlfriend Camila Cabello.

Mendes kicked off his world tour in support of his ‘Wonder’ album in June, but earlier this month he said he had to take a three-week hiatus. This break now spans the entire tour.

Mendes said he had “hoped to be able to resume the rest of the appointments after a well-deserved break”, but said that “for now, I have to make my health my first priority”.

The singer-songwriter assured fans that he will continue to make music and tour in the future. “I promise to come back as soon as I have taken the time to heal,” he wrote.

Share.

Comments are closed.